Not all good gifts come in a box, try one of these ideas for a memory- making time together.
Crafty and Creative
If your child likes projects or you’re a maker-minded parent that wants your child to learn practical life skills, try some of these ideas to get your hobbyist started:
Atlanta is a sports lover’s headquarters, with the many sporting museums and arenas. Try these ideas:
- Sports equipment
- Professional or college team jerseys or hats
- Fitness tracker watch
- Gymnastics or yoga mat
- Over the door basketball hoop
Cooking classes for just kids or kids with their parents will get your young chef excited.
Wild About Books
If your child loves to read, try one of these ideas:
- Book by a favorite author and book light
- Reading tent
- Comfy beanbag chair
- Magazine subscription
- Book club subscription from Highlights
These ideas show your fashion lover you care about their style.
Back to Nature
Atlanta has plenty of places to fish, hike, canoe and enjoy nature.
- Sign up for the Wild Explorers Club, a monthly online adventure program
- Visit the Chattahoochee Nature Center or take one of their canoe trips
- Plan a whitewater rafting trip or fishing trip
- Get SCUBA ready with beginner lessons
- Experience the thrill of ziplining
- Fishing rod and gear
- Compass, binoculars and hiking gear
- SCUBA gear
- Canoe or kayak
A Flair for Design
Help your child find their inner interior designer or architect.
- Use your child’s ideas to design his or her bedroom or playroom makeover
- Paint the bedroom together in a color your child chooses or put a faux finish on the bedroom furniture
- Sign up for architectural drawing or design classes at MODA, Atlanta’s museum of art and design
- Klutz: Design Your Dream Room lets your child explore with patterns, color and space, with 300 punch-out pieces to design a room
- Young Architect House Designer from Mindware lets kids design and build a 3-D home model
- Paint for a bedroom or playroom picked out by your child
- Sheets, bedspread, curtains or designer pillows your child wants
- Lamps, desk set or wall art
Time for Tea
Boys and girls both enjoy quiet conversation over a warm cup of tea, with scones, cookies or tiny sandwiches.
- Tea pot and cup
- Tea cozy
- Costume necklaces, hats, gloves and purse to wear to tea time
- Scones and tea biscuits
If your child loves STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math), Atlanta provides a plethora of classes and camps.
– Janeen Lewis