12 Questions To Help You Choose the Right Camp for your Child
Finding a camp that provides the right fit for your child isn’t always easy. There are many wonderful camps from which to choose.
Here are 12 questions every parent should ask that can help you make the best decision:
1. What is the camp’s philosophy?
2. What will a camper experience during the camp session?
3. How is the staff screened and selected?
4. What is the staff-to-camper ratio?
5. Is there a medical professional on staff? How are individual medical needs and emergencies handled?
6. What is the cost of camp registration, each session and other fees?
7. What is a typical day’s schedule? Do campers have a set schedule or can they choose activities?
8. How is homesickness handled?
9. What are the restrictions, if any, on care packages?
10. How many children are in each group and how many are in each session?
11. Is the camp co-ed or single sex?
12. Have I asked each camp for references and spoken with them?