Why Do We Love Cupcakes?
It’s cupcake time! Why do we love cupcakes? Let us count the ways…
Table of Contents
One Size Does Not Fit All.
From cake pops to cupcakes baked in small jelly jars, there are endless ways to enjoy the popular sweet. Personalize a basic cupcake with shaped cupcake pans or funky-printed paper liners.
Specialty cupcakes come in every flavor, from red velvet to key lime pie to maple bacon. Re-create your favorites at home by experimenting with different fillings and offer guests a few varieties.
Cakes can be lopsided, crumbly or stick to the pan, but it’s hard to mess up a cupcake. If one batch goes awry, there’s usually plenty of batter to try again. And it’s easier to transport cupcakes than a three-layer cake in the back seat of your car.
You won’t be stuck with leftover cake or a messy cake plate to clean. You can deliver leftover cupcakes to co-workers or neighbors, or store them in the freezer for your next occasion.
Wow the crowd at your next birthday party with these fun cupcake-themed ideas.
- Arrange cupcakes in giant numbers corresponding to your child’s age for an eye-catching display.
- String together cupcake liners on a piece of yarn for a cute and easy garland.
- Host a make-your-own-cupcake party: set out bowls of frosting and toppings like sprinkles, small candies and mini marshmallows, and let the kids go wild.
- Cut out scraps of fabric and paper to look like icing and cupcakes and let kids make a collage to take home.
- Pin the candle on the cupcake. Cut a large cupcake out of poster board, blindfold the kids and let them try to pin the candle in the right spot.
– Teresa Farkas and Alexi Wilbourn