Super Bowl XLVI
Test Your Knowledge of These Competing Teams!
Super Bowl XLVI Trivia Quiz Questions: (See Below for Answers.)
1. How many Super Bowls have the Manning family competed in?
2. How many Super Bowls have the Patriot’s Head Coach Bill Belichick and Quarterback Tom Brady competed in together?
3. How long have the Giants existed in the NFL?
4. How long have the Patriots existed in the NFL?
5. How many NFL Championship titles have the Giants won?
6. How many appearances have the Patriots made at a Super Bowl?
7. Who are the teams who have won four Super Bowls?
8. How many Super Bowl matchups have been rematches of a game during the regular season?
9. How many passing yards did Eli Manning throw this season?
10. How many passing yards did Tom Brady throw this season?
1. This will be the fourth Super Bowl for the Manning family. Archie Manning, father of Eli and Peyton and former quarterback of the New Orleans Saints, failed to make any. Peyton however, is 1-1, with a win against the Bears in 2006 and a loss to the Saints in 2009. This is Eli’s second Super Bowl, the first being against the Patriots in 2007 and the second, being this rematch.
2. This will be the fifth Super Bowl for the Head Coach/Starting Quarterback combination of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady; which is an NFL record. They are 3-1 in the four previous Super Bowls, wins against the Rams, Panthers and Eagles and a loss against the Giants.
3. The Giants have existed since 1925, when the NFL allowed five teams to join their league. The Giants are the only team that remains today from those five. The other four included the Detroit Panthers, Pottsville Maroons, Providence Steam Rollers, and the Canton Bulldogs.
4. The Patriots have existed since 1960, as an original member of the American Football League (AFL) known as the Boston Patriots. Other original Members of the AFL included the Titans of New York (Now The New York Jets), Buffalo Bills, Houston Oilers (Now the Tennessee Titans), The Dallas Texans (Now the Kansas City Chiefs), Denver Broncos, Los Angeles Chargers (Now The San Diego Chargers), and the Oakland Raiders.
5. The New York Giants are third in the NFL in total NFL Championships won with seven overall titles: four titles prior to the Super Bowl and three Super Bowl wins.
6. With this weekend’s appearance, the Patriots will now be in second place in the NFL all time with seven Super Bowl appearances. (The Steelers and the Cowboys are tied for first place with eight.)
7. Only four teams have at least four wins in the Super Bowl, The Steelers (6), The Cowboys (5), The 49ers (5) and the Packers (4). This game will allow either the Patriots or the Giants to join that elite group.
8. This will be the sixth Super Bowl matchup that is a rematch of a game during the regular season. (The Giants beat the Patriots 24 – 20, November 6, 2011.)
9. This season, Eli Manning broke the Giant’s single season record for passing yards, (4,933 yards or 2.8 Miles).
10. This season, even though Tom Brady threw for 5,235 yards, breaking the NFL single season record, he came in second place behind Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints with 5,476 yards.