- This event has passed.
Second Sundays at the High Museum of Art
August 13 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 12:00pm on day Second of the month, repeating indefinitely
Free Museum admission on the second Sunday of each month at the High Museum of Art and special family-friendly programming from 1 to 4. In August, the theme is All Fired Up. Learn how heat assists the creation process, turning wet clay into ceramics or molten metal into jewelry and sculptures. Explore the permanent collection and special exhibitions. Enjoy art-making, storytimes and more. Aug. 13. 1–4 p.m. Admission is free from noon-5 p.m. Programming takes place from 1-4 p.m.
- Ceramic Demonstrations with artists from the Johns Creek Arts Center and Roswell Art Center West
- Art-Making Workshops: Work with High Museum teaching artists to create your own masterpiece.
- Ashley Bryan Storytimes: Join the fun through an interactive children’s book experience inspired by the poems and stories in Ashley Bryan’s books.
- Art Movers (best for ages 5+): In this program, families will get moving in the galleries. For 20 minutes, look at an artwork and make connections with movement.
- Toddler Tours (best for ages 15 months–3 years):This workshop is a physically interactive experience for toddlers to engage with art. Building on budding imaginations, use dance-and drama-based strategies to interpret works of art and learn about museums.
- Baby Steps: Infant Tour (best for 15 months and younger with a caregiver): 3:30 p.m. The earliest encounters with art are about interacting with the visual world and encouraging babies to respond to their environment. Baby Steps is about having a one-on-one conversation with your baby.