Atlanta Parent Is Golden
The Parenting Media Association has honored Atlanta Parent, with gold, silver and bronze awards for outstanding writing and design. The competition judges the best work of the largest parenting magazines nationwide.
The magazine took home gold awards in six categories, silver awards in four categories and bronze awards in three categories in the 45,000-plus circulation competition.
The magazine is especially proud of Gold awards honoring our Family Fun Guide and Calendar of Events for content and design. We know readers depend on that section to plan fun outings with their children and we strive to make it the most complete listing of events of any publication in metro Atlanta.
Here are our awards:
- Gold, for Special Section within a publication, the A+ Education Guide
- Gold, for the content of the magazine’s Family Fun Guide and Calendar of Events
- Silver, for a non-traditional story form, “Toddlers Take Over the Museum”
- Silver, for “It’s a Small World,”
- a travel feature on visiting Disney World
- Bronze, for “Inspired by Family,” a story profiling entrepreneur moms
- Bronze, for best E-Newsletter content
- and design
- Gold, for use of a stock photo on the cover of the magazine, June cover, Pedal Power.
- Gold, for the use of an illustration on the cover of the magazine, November cover.
- Gold, for the design of the magazine’s Family Fun Guide and Calendar of Events
- Gold, for a special section within
- a publication, “Party Planner: Moms
- Who Know Fun”
- Silver, for use of a stock photo
- on the cover of the magazine,
- December cover, “In Search of Snow”
- Silver, for single page design within the magazine, “Safety First,” on bike safety
- Bronze, for overall design of the magazine